Among the many traits and characteristics for which bed bugs are noted, being nocturnal and very elusive tops the list. This uncanny attribute often creates havoc with business owners and even presents challenges to some pest management specialists. There are times a business owner will suspect bed bugs are present within the facility, yet no live bugs or eggs have been found or properly identified. Other facilities, such as large hotels and motels, will need thorough inspections of the entire building or buildings to identify every infected room.
Inspections and circumstances of this nature can be very time consuming and costly, and yet still not entirely successful. Properly identifying and exposing the bed bug infestation under these conditions will often call for specially trained bed bug scent detection canine teams. There are at least five advantages of using canine bed bug teams:
- All life stages are detected. A properly trained and accredited bed bug canine is qualified to alert to both live bed bugs and live bed bug eggs. This is the only technique that can detect all stages of live bed bug stages by scent.
- The bed bug canine is highly accurate. The certified canine has a very high percentage of accuracy, often being said to be as effective as bomb sniffing dogs. These bed bug canines show their accuracy by detecting live bed bug scent through mattresses, inside walls and furniture.
- Fast inspection times. In addition to accuracy, bed bug canines are extremely fast and efficient. They can effectively search entire buildings in very short periods of time. Large hotels can be covered in a fraction of the time it takes to complete a visual inspection, giving owners peace of mind that the facility is free of bed bugs.
- Protect your image and reputation. Because of their accuracy, properly trained and certified canines are actually recognized in courts of law as a scientific instrument. Your certification of inspection from canine scent detection teams will greatly enhance your reputation and protect your image. The canine team will inspect each room with minimal disruption and leave no mess behind. With their strong scent detection, they remove the need to pull up carpet, remove baseboard and receptacle covers or dismantle furniture, all of which protects your image and reputation.
- Reduce the costs of treating a severe infestation by early detection. Because of their accuracy, a bed bug canine team can identify one bed bug just as easily as it can detect a severe infestation. This early detection means treatment will not need to be as extensive as it would for a more severe infestation, saving you money. This also helps reduce any time or expense from disruption of business.
These advantages will be attractive to any business owner whose interest is in maintaining a successful business while protecting the reputation and image of the company.