Every season brings a new challenge in pest control for commercial facilities. The beginning of summer seems like it would be the most challenging time of year when it comes to pests, but autumn can also be problematic as your pest pressures change significantly when the weather begins to get cooler. Although we aren’t quite there yet, fall is just around the corner and it is not too early to start preparing for fall pests looking to infiltrate your facility.
What can be done to prevent pests getting into your facility this fall? Here are some very helpful tips from the pest management professionals at Copesan.
Helpful Fall Pest Management Tips
- Rodents are looking for warm and safe environments to ride out the winter. They will seek possible refuge through gaps or cracks in the exterior and will look to hide in storage areas as well as inside walls and insulation. Close up possible entry areas to prevent rodents and other pests from invading.
- Remove vegetation from directly around your structure. Install an 18″ wide perimeter of crushed rock or gravel to deter pests that may be attracted to your property.
- Keep stored items on palettes elevated off the floors to prevent insects and rodents from easily accessing these areas.
- Dispose of cardboard boxes immediately when empty. Rodents use these boxes and any cardboard materials to build their nests.
- Clean, clean, clean! Sanitation should be part of your everyday efforts anyway, but it is especially important for pest control. Clean as you go during your day, but schedule deep cleans as well for all machinery and equipment.
These tips can help prepare your commercial environment for the upcoming cooler weather. A commercial pest management professional can offer additional solutions as well as a partnership that will keep your facility pest free and make it less attractive to pests in the future. Contact the professionals at Copesan to learn more about how to prevent pests in your facility this fall.